The spiritual practice of yoga entails lots of focus and discipline but in return you will gain plenty of benefits from this type of exercise.
- When practicing yoga, you stretching your muscles, which improves your flexibility
- Strengthens your core muscles by keeping your body stabilized in each pose and when switching poses
- Helps prevent neck pain, back pain and joint problems by correcting your posture
- Helps protect your spine with backbends, forward bends, and twisting.
- You hold your own weight which strengthens your bones, helping ward off osteoporosis
- Keeps you oxygenated by increasing your blood flow, different poses get your blood circulating to different places in the body
- Gets your heart rate up which lowers the possibility of having a heart attack
- Yoga has been told to relieve depression and make you happier by multiple doctors
- Builds awareness and opens your mind to transformation
- Yoga encourages self care and mindfulness
Laetitia Tempelman, October 10, 2019
Richard Fogoros, Updated on October 08, 2019
Carol Krocoff, Ellen Saltonstall, Updated April 12, 2017 / Original July 24, 2013